Sunday, September 5, 2010

In June of 2010 I was sitting in a park in Colorado hoping for someone to talk to about the Lord. I was talking to one gentleman about this and that, when a man built like a tank, and a little under the influence of something, stopped by to ask for a dollar. I told him I didn't have one.

He asked me what I liked to do. I told him I liked to talk to people about Jesus.

He threw his duffle bag down and sat down next to me, shoulder to shoulder, and told me that I was going to tell him about Jesus.

The man I was talking to previously decided to get up and leave.

I wished I could.

The aggression was thick, and I prayed that God would deliver me from being pummeled into the ground and being sent to the hospital.

The man next to me asked me who I thought was the strongest man in the Bible. Was it Samson, David, or who.

I told him that it was Jesus.

He asked why.

I said that Jesus took the burden of sin and guilt for the whole world and carried it to the cross. No other person could do that.

We sat there for a few moments, and then I told him that Jesus loved him and cared about what he was going through.

He looked at me and the aggression was gone. He asked me if everthing was okay, and I said yes.

He then got up and walked away.

My prayer is that the Lord will reach this man and give him hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment